Use cover, concealment, help your partner, and more! The typical self defense engagement happens at under 100 yards, and this class specializes in that!
Urban Rifleman covers techniques and tactics needed by the Rifleman to engage at the most common engagement distances – inside of 100 yards! The rifleman needs to know how to present the rifle, hit targets, fix stoppages, and use positions to their maximum effect. A thorough understanding of cover and concealment, and how to use them is presented in this class. How to engage targets from standard and unorthodox positions, and being able to make a hit while using cover will be the goal of the participant in each segment. Just as important as shooting is moving, and this class makes sure to cover proper principles of movement, team movement, and CQB.
Participation is only open to legal, US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) per ITAR (22 CFR §§120-130)
Participation by "prohibited persons" (ie convicted felons) is not permitted.
Under 18 welcome with participating parent / guardian.
Bring 300 rounds factory loaded brass ammunition.
Hand loaded ammunition is best left at home.
Hand loads are not permitted with loaners.
You do not need to be "Captain America" to take this class. We will be walking over a mile during the class. We will be getting in and out of the prone and field shooting positions for most drills. We will be on our feet much of the day. This is not a bench shooting class.
* A zeroed rifle (confirmed - not bore sighted)
* Semi automatic, magazine fed fighting rifle, chambered in 5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45x39, .308, etc.
* Iron sights, red dots, scopes all acceptable.
* 3 or more magazines. Please feel free to prep mags ahead of class.
* 300 rounds of ammo - same brand / same type. (200 rounds for Day 1)
* No green tip or armor piercing ammo. We will be shooting steel targets.
* PCC is fine.
* .22LR semi auto rifle is fine.
* Notepad & pen
* Eye protection & ear protection.
* Creature comforts. We will be outside much of the day. Sunscreen, bug spray, lawn chairs, etc.
* A chest rig or battle belt may help hold magazines.
Copyright © 2021 PATRIOT TRAINING - All Rights Reserved.