YOU KNOW HOW TO SHOOT YOUR HANDGUN.
NOW LEARN HOW TO DEFEND YOURSELF WITH YOUR HANDGUN!
* You have your carry permit, but that class does not address how to defend yourself with a handgun.
* You choose to exercise your carry rights under "Constitutional Carry" laws, but you know there are still responsibilities that are linked to that right.
* You own a handgun, and have been to the range, but you are wise enough to realize that you do not know what you do not know.
Marksmanship - Tactics - Practicality
Essential Pistol blends these elements to prepare you for the use of your handgun in self defense.
Attending with a family member - see specials below!
$400 - standard price
$300 - prepay discount (purchased more than two weeks in advance)
$200 - Add a family member!
The most complete self defense pistol class on the market!
This class is designed to get you familiar with your handgun, and to provide some essential skills and tactics.
Over 50% of the material in Essential Pistol is not covered or not emphasized properly in most military and law enforcement training. Plus, civilian methods, techniques, and certainly tactics are going to be much different, by default. Come on down and take this class - you'll be glad you did!
Video and audio recording of class is prohibited, with the sole exception of YouTube content creators with advance written permission.
* Your carry handgun
* Quality holster (leather or kydex - stays open for reholstering)
* 3+ magazines
* Sturdy Carry belt
* 400 rounds of factory loaded brass cased ammo (200 rounds for DAY 1 ONLY)
* notepad & pen
* eye protection & ear protection.
* If you wear prescription lenses / glasses - BRING THEM!
** Avoid bringing a revolver, unless you wear it as your backup gun for the class.
** Avoid cheap nylon holsters.
** SERPA HOLSTERS PERMITTED BUT STRONGLY DISCOURAGED!
** OWB ok - IWB ok - AIWB ok
Holster should be mounted on your strong side (dominant hand side) between the 12:30 and 5:30 position. 11:30 and 6:30 positions for left-handed persons.
If you have a choice between a small gun and a medium/large gun, bring both! You can learn the techniques and tactics on the easier, larger handgun, then go practice with your smaller carry gun. Larger handguns tend to do better in class, tend to be easier to shoot, and tend to have fewer malfunctions.
* Concealment garment.
* Spare mag pouch (if you don't have one, don't worry - a pocket will be fine).
* creature comforts. We will be outside much of the day. Sunscreen, bug spray, lawn chairs, etc.
* cot / air mattress / sleeping gear if you plan on camping with us!
BRING LUNCH & SNACKS
* There is no place nearby from which to buy lunch or snacks, so bring it with you!
* Purse Carry will be addressed. Please come with a belt and holster for class as listed above, and we will top off your knowledge with a purse carry segment, if that is how you carry.
* Ankle carry will be addressed. Please come with a belt and holster for class as listed above, and we will top off your knowledge with an ankle carry backup gun segment, if that is how you carry.
April 23 & 24, 2022 - SOLD OUT
August 20 & 21, 2022
Registration ends August 18, 2022
Prepay discount ends August 6, 2022
December 3 & 4, 2022
Registration ends December 1, 2022
Prepay discount ends November 20, 2022
April 22 & 23, 2023
Registration ends April 20, 2023
Prepay discount ends April 8, 2023
August 19 & 20, 2023
Registration ends August 17, 2023
Prepay discount ends August 5, 2023
November 11 & 12, 2023
Registration ends November 8, 2023
Prepay discount ends October 28, 2023
ESSENTIAL PISTOL classes now all include Essential Medical at no extra charge!
Sometimes, you can only commit to one day of training.
Sometimes, you'd like to try out a limited amount of training before making a full investment.
Sometimes, schedules change.
Whatever your reason, Patriot Training offers 1-day options on Essential Pistol. If, after you secure your spot in the first day, you decide to take day 2, you may do so, with full credit of tuition already paid!
*The one-day option is for the first day only.*
Still not sure?
Maybe a little afraid someone else may shoot better than you? 😀
Not sure it is worth the investment?
Audit the class! $275
"Can you hold a spot in class for me?"
50% deposit to reserve your spot in class = $150 Deposit
At the link below, once you have selected the class, pay the deposit amount.
Then, when you would like to pay the remainder, select the same class and deposit amount.
You must make the final payment prior to the end of the prepay discount for that class!
If you do not complete the final transaction in time, your deposit is forfeit.
NO REFUNDS / NO EXCHANGES / NO TRANSFERS
CAMP WITH FELLOW PARTICIPANTS AT MOUNTAIN TOP GUN & ARCHERY RANGE!
* Bring a cot / sleeping pad / inflatable mattress.
* Restroom and Shower
* Kitchen area and refrigerator
* Indoor and outdoor camping available.
* $25 per person per night - if paid in cash directly to the range.
$28 if added to your Cart (covers processing fees).
By registering for class, you acknowledge:
1. That you have read and understand our REFUND POLICY (no refunds!).
2. That you and all members of your party are eligible to participate as outlined above.
3. That you have read and will abide by the equipment requirements listed as part of this class.
You may bundle & Save with Expert Rifleman, Urban Rifleman, and Essential Pistol.
Bundle all three classes for only $700 - that's $500 off!!!
Select which Urban Rifleman, which Expert Rifleman, and which Essential Pistol is right for you.
Patriot Training is proud to partner with Mountain Top Gun & Archery Range for training classes.
Unless otherwise specified, all classes are held at Mountain Top Gun & Archery Range.
11564 Harrison Ferry Rd, McMinnville, TN, USA