YOU KNOW HOW TO SHOOT YOUR HANDGUN.
NOW LEARN HOW TO DEFEND YOURSELF WITH YOUR HANDGUN!
* You have your carry permit, but that class does not address how to defend yourself with a handgun.
* You choose to exercise your carry rights under "Constitutional Carry" laws, but you know there are still responsibilities that are linked to that right.
* You own a handgun, and have been to the range, but you are wise enough to realize that you do not know what you do not know.
Marksmanship - Tactics - Practicality
Essential Pistol blends these elements to prepare you for the use of your handgun in self defense.
Attending with a family member - see specials below!
$400 - standard price
$300 - prepay discount (purchased more than two weeks in advance)
$200 - Add a family member!
The most complete self defense pistol class on the market!
This class is designed to get you familiar with your handgun, and to provide some essential skills and tactics.
Over 50% of the material in Essential Pistol is not covered or not emphasized properly in most military and law enforcement training. Plus, civilian methods, techniques, and certainly tactics are going to be much different, by default. Come on down and take this class - you'll be glad you did!
An open mind.
* Your carry handgun
* Quality holster (leather or kydex - stays open for reholstering)
* 3+ magazines
* Sturdy Carry belt
* 400 rounds of factory loaded brass cased ammo (200 rounds for DAY 1 ONLY)
* notepad & pen
* eye protection & ear protection.
** Avoid bringing a revolver, unless you wear it as your backup gun for the class.
** Avoid cheap nylon holsters.
** SERPA HOLSTERS PERMITTED BUT STRONGLY DISCOURAGED!
** OWB ok - IWB ok - AIWB ok
Holster should be mounted on your strong side (dominant hand side) between the 12:30 and 5:30 position. 11:30 and 6:30 positions for left-handed persons.
If you have a choice between a small gun and a medium/large gun, bring both! You can learn the techniques and tactics on the easier, larger handgun, then go practice with your smaller carry gun. Larger handguns tend to do better in class, tend to be easier to shoot, and tend to have fewer malfunctions.
* Concealment garment.
* Spare mag pouch (if you don't have one, don't worry - a pocket will be fine).
* creature comforts. We will be outside much of the day. Sunscreen, bug spray, lawn chairs, etc.
* cot / air mattress / sleeping gear if you plan on camping with us!
* Purse Carry will be addressed. Please come with a belt and holster for class as listed above, and we will top off your knowledge with a purse carry segment, if that is how you carry.
* Ankle carry will be addressed. Please come with a belt and holster for class as listed above, and we will top off your knowledge with an ankle carry backup gun segment, if that is how you carry.
December 11 & 12, 2021
Ticket sales end December 9, 2021
Prepay discount ends November 27, 2021
April 23 & 24, 2022
Ticket sales end April 21, 2022
Prepay discount ends April 9, 2022
August 20 & 21, 2022
Ticket sales end August 18, 2022
Prepay discount ends August 6, 2022
December 3 & 4, 2022
Ticket sales end December 1, 2022
Prepay discount ends November 20, 2022
April 22 & 23, 2023
Ticket sales end April 20, 2023
Prepay discount ends April 8, 2023
August 19 & 20, 2023
Ticket sales end August 17, 2023
Prepay discount ends August 5, 2023
December 2 & 3, 2023
Ticket sales end November 30, 2023
Prepay discount ends November 19, 2023
Sometimes, you can only commit to one day of training.
Sometimes, you'd like to try out a limited amount of training before making a full investment.
Sometimes, schedules change.
Whatever your reason, Patriot Training offers 1-day options on Essential Pistol. If, after you secure your spot in the first day, you decide to take day 2, you may do so, with full credit of tuition already paid!
*The one-day option is for the first day only.*
Still not sure?
Maybe a little afraid someone else may shoot better than you? 😀
Not sure it is worth the investment?
Audit the class! $275
CAMP WITH FELLOW PARTICIPANTS AT MOUNTAIN TOP GUN & ARCHERY RANGE!
* Bring a cot / sleeping pad / inflatable mattress.
* Restroom and Shower
* Kitchen area and refrigerator
* Indoor and outdoor camping available.
* $25 per person per night - if paid in cash directly to the range.
$28 if added to your Cart (covers processing fees).
The December 11/12, 2021 Essential Pistol Class will also include, at no additional cost,
Stop The Bleed class and certification.
Part of Day 2 will also include drills and skills that incorporate the material learned in Stop The Bleed.
By purchasing a spot in class, you acknowledge:
1. That you have read and understand our REFUND POLICY (no refunds!).
2. That you and all members of your party are eligible to participate.
3. That you have read and will abide by the equipment requirements listed as part of this class.
Patriot Training is proud to partner with Mountain Top Gun & Archery Range for training classes.
Unless otherwise specified, all classes are held at Mountain Top Gun & Archery Range.
11564 Harrison Ferry Rd, McMinnville, TN, USA