YOU KNOW HOW TO SHOOT YOUR HANDGUN.
NOW LEARN HOW TO DEFEND YOURSELF WITH YOUR HANDGUN!
* You have your carry permit, but that class does not address how to defend yourself with a handgun.
* You choose to exercise your carry rights under "Constitutional Carry" laws, but you know there are still responsibilities that are linked to that right.
* You own a handgun, and have been to the range, but you are wise enough to realize that you do not know what you do not know.
Marksmanship - Tactics - Practicality
Essential Pistol blends these elements to prepare you for the use of your handgun in self defense.
The most complete self defense pistol class on the market!
This class is designed to get you familiar with your handgun, and to provide some essential skills and tactics.
An open mind.
Bring 400 rounds factory loaded brass ammunition. (200 rounds for DAY 1 ONLY)
Hand loaded ammunition is best left at home.
Hand loads are not permitted with rentals / loaners.
Bring a modern semi-automatic firearm in good working condition.
* Striker - fired is preferred.
* SAO is fine.
* SA/DA is fine.
* 1911 is fine
Leave the revolver at home, unless you wear one daily as a BACKUP GUN.
Bring Magazines - use this guide:
* If your magazines holds 15+ rounds - bring at least two (2) magazines.
* If your magazines holds 10+ rounds - bring at least three (3) magazines
* If your magazines holds 7+ rounds - bring at least four (4) magazines.
If you have a choice between a small gun and a medium/large gun, bring the larger one. You can learn the techniques and tactics on the easier, larger handgun, then go practice with your smaller carry gun. Larger handguns tend to do better in class, tend to be easier to shoot, and tend to have fewer malfunctions.
OWB (outside the waistband) kydex holster preferred.
Stiff leather (will not collapse) is OK.
IWB (inside the waistband) is OK.
Appendix carry is OK.
A STURDY carry belt is required. Leather, nylon web, etc.
Cheap nylon holsters should be left at home.
Serpa holsters are best left at home.
Holster should be mounted on your strong side (dominant hand side) between the 12:30 and 5:30 position.
* your handgun (See "Firearm Selection" segment)
* holster (See "Holster Selection" segment)
* 400 rounds of factory loaded brass cased ammo (200 rounds for DAY 1 ONLY)
* notepad & pen
* eye protection & ear protection.
* Concealment garment.
* Spare mag pouch (if you don't have one, don't worry - a pocket will be fine).
* creature comforts. We will be outside much of the day. Sunscreen, bug spray, lawn chairs, etc.
* Purse Carry will be addressed. Please come with a belt and holster for class as listed above, and we will top off your knowledge with a purse carry segment, if that is how you carry.
* Ankle carry will be addressed. Please come with a belt and holster for class as listed above, and we will top off your knowledge with an ankle carry backup gun segment, if that is how you carry.
December 11 & 12, 2021
April 23 & 24, 2022
August 20 & 21, 2022
December 3 & 4, 2022
You do not need to be "Captain America" to take this class. We will be walking over a mile during the class. We will be getting in and out of different field positions for many drills. We will be on our feet much of the day. This is not a bench shooting class.
Sometimes, you can only commit to one day of training.
Sometimes, you'd like to try out a limited amount of training before making a full investment.
Sometimes, schedules change.
Whatever your reason, Patriot Training offers 1-day options on Essential Pistol. If, after you secure your spot in the first day, you decide to take day 2, you may do so, with full credit of tuition already paid!
*The one-day option is for the first day only.*
BUNK WITH FELLOW PARTICIPANTS AT MOUNTAIN TOP GUN & ARCHERY!
* Bring a cot / sleeping pad / inflatable mattress.
* There are a handful of bunkbeds available first come - first served.
* Restroom and Shower
* Kitchen area and refrigerator
* $25 per person per night.
Option 1 - Make individual purchases and make sure to put name and email for each.
Option 2 - Add more to cart and email us with names and email addresses of each participant.
The December 11/12, 2021 Essential Pistol Class will also include, at no additional cost,
Stop The Bleed class and certification.
Part of Day 2 will also include drills and skills that incorporate the material learned in Stop The Bleed.
By purchasing a spot in class, you acknowledge:
1. That you have read and understand our REFUND POLICY (no refunds!).
2. That you and all members of your party are eligible to participate.
3. That you have read and will abide by the equipment requirements listed as part of this class.
TICKET SALES END TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO THE CLASS DATE.
Essential Pistol Class - $400
Bunk at the range - $25 per night
Rental gun - $25
Ammo - $180 (400 rounds 9 mm)
Day 1 only - $225
Day 2, if you got Day 1 only - $175
OPEN THIS PAGE IN CHROME.
SAFARI may prevent you from completing the purchase.
If it still will not work, we have a link to Eventbrite tickets below.
Patriot Training is proud to partner with Mountain Top Gun & Archery Range for training classes.
Unless otherwise specified, all classes are held at Mountain Top Gun & Archery Range.
11564 Harrison Ferry Rd, McMinnville, TN, USA
Copyright © 2021 PATRIOT TRAINING - All Rights Reserved.