YOU KNOW HOW TO SHOOT YOUR HANDGUN.
NOW LEARN HOW TO DEFEND YOURSELF WITH YOUR HANDGUN!
AND LEARN HOW TO ASSESS AND TREAT COMMON TRAUMA INJURIES!
* You have your carry permit, but that class does not address how to defend yourself with a handgun.
* You choose to exercise your carry rights under "Constitutional Carry" laws, but you know there are still responsibilities that are linked to that right.
* You own a handgun, and have been to the range, but you are wise enough to realize that you do not know what you do not know.
Marksmanship - Tactics - Medical Essentials
Essential Pistol and Medical blends these elements to prepare you for the use of your handgun in self defense.
Attending with a family member - see specials below!
$600 - standard price
$500 - prepay discount (purchased more than two weeks in advance)
$350 - Add a family member!
The most complete self defense pistol class on the market!
This class is designed to get you familiar with your handgun, and to provide some essential skills and tactics. Also to provide you with the knowledge and skills of how to assess and treat common traumatic injuries.
Over 50% of the material in Essential Pistol is not covered or not emphasized properly in most military and law enforcement training. Plus, civilian methods, techniques, and certainly tactics are going to be much different, by default. Come on down and take this class - you'll be glad you did!
An open mind.
* Your carry handgun
* Quality holster (leather or kydex - stays open for reholstering)
* 3+ magazines
* Sturdy Carry belt
* 400 rounds of factory loaded brass cased ammo
* notepad & pen
* eye protection & ear protection.
* If you wear prescription lenses / glasses - BRING THEM!
** Avoid bringing a revolver, unless you wear it as your backup gun for the class.
** Avoid cheap nylon holsters.
** SERPA HOLSTERS PERMITTED BUT STRONGLY DISCOURAGED!
** OWB ok - IWB ok - AIWB ok
Holster should be mounted on your strong side (dominant hand side) between the 12:30 and 5:30 position. 11:30 and 6:30 positions for left-handed persons.
If you have a choice between a small gun and a medium/large gun, bring both! You can learn the techniques and tactics on the easier, larger handgun, then go practice with your smaller carry gun. Larger handguns tend to do better in class, tend to be easier to shoot, and tend to have fewer malfunctions.
* Concealment garment.
* Spare mag pouch (if you don't have one, don't worry - a pocket will be fine).
* creature comforts. We will be outside much of the day. Sunscreen, bug spray, lawn chairs, etc.
* cot / air mattress / sleeping gear if you plan on camping with us (included in registration fee).
* Purse Carry will be addressed. Please come with a belt and holster for class as listed above, and we will top off your knowledge with a purse carry segment, if that is how you carry.
* Ankle carry will be addressed. Please come with a belt and holster for class as listed above, and we will top off your knowledge with an ankle carry backup gun segment, if that is how you carry.
You will be provided medical materials for use in class:
Practice Tourniquets, gauze for pressure dressing, gauze for wound packing, chest seals, etc.
You will be taught how to assess for indications for need of each treatment, as well as how to apply the treatment.
May 28, 29, 30 2022
Registration ends May 21, 2022
Prepay discount ends May 14, 2022
Is a two-day class, and the medical portion is approximately two hours long - just enough to "Get your feet wet."
ESSENTIAL PISTOL & MEDICAL
Is a three day class, with an entire day devoted to the medical applications. Also, the final day on the pistol range will have specialized drills to emphasize use of the medical skills.
Registration fee includes two nights bunking at Mountain Top Range.
Patriot Training is proud to partner with Mountain Top Gun & Archery Range for training classes.
Unless otherwise specified, all classes are held at Mountain Top Gun & Archery Range.
11564 Harrison Ferry Rd, McMinnville, TN, USA